Website is born…

Well almost the website was already in existence just not on the net…

For about that last 6 months or more I have been working locally on the laptop with EasyPHP and Joomla trying to get a new/revised website up for our Church Wellspring CGC.  Working out the whole Joomla installation, with Templates and other widgets and plugins etc.  Every so often I have worked on the system, and lately felt I had something which was ready to go live.

So for the last few months in my most recent attempts I have been working on the incredibly frustrating elements of how to transfer the MYSQL database and all the files as well.  With no luck and that was with following directions…

Tonight I cracked it.  The first step was getting the database to be uploaded from local to ISP host site.  Several attempts and finally clicked that the exported file when you look into it was trying to create another database, and I don’t have the permission to create a DB from within the MYSQL.  It was already there and ready for the content.

Edited the file with some luck and some intuition, the DB was imported succesfully.

Next simply transfer all the files from the local EasyPHP side on the laptop to the Host via FileZilla, 5000+ files and 3 Fajitas later all the files were up there…

Initially the page would not load as there was no contact with the database, which was where my main headache getting the site up there in the first place.  Bit more tweaking of a couple of files… very nervously since I had deleted the previous site from the server.

Eventually I did it and the new Wellspring CGC site is live and online

I know it is not necessarily to do with Adoption, but in a way all the pain and anguish over this and I commented when it was done that I felt like I had given birth.  Which before anyone comments is completely nothing like it I know, but the time spent on this and the tension as we tried to get it to work,  is where the parallel is drawn.